Sunday, 30 June 2013

Mini snack review ~ Maxim macha latte


~ regular series ~

Hi lovelies Long time no read,
How do you enjoy summer so far? Seems like in Japan, we've still some cloudy days ahead until rainy season will be over ...

The best thing to do in either case of weather horribleness, is to enjoy a nice, sugary beverage in a cozy coffee shop~ don't you agree, dears? One of the most popular coffee drinks in Japan is macha latte and I'm happy that it's becoming a beloved treat in other countries more and more~ *yay* macha access all over the world...


pic. source: http://www.facebook.com/DolceTokyoSG

Don't worry, if the weather is not that cozy or if you're just to busy to visit your favorite coffee shop- in Japan you can find plenty of "uchi cafe"(at home cafe) goodies, just like the "Maxim macha late be-su", which I'm reviewing today.








As the name implies, it's a syrup-like macha base, individually sealed in small cups. The whole pack contains 5 portions, which can be poured in any regular (milky) coffee beverage or just mixed with pure milk. I got it for about ¥200 at Donki.









It's not as "macha green" as on the package, but it's quite yummy, not too sweet, maybe a tiny bit too bitter for my taste. 




Anyways, if there's any macha addict among your family or friends, this would make a great pressie to bring from your next Japan trip.

Thanks for stopping by, dears

バイバイ~




20 comments:

  1. Ahh! Matcha latte is my favourite drink, you can buy it at some cafes in London ^__^ I've tried the Maxim brand before (not matcha, but strawberry flavour latte), but found it kinda disappointing...not very flavourful, a bit watery for my tastes .__. Maybe different flavours are better than the strawberry one ^^;

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Rhiannon-chan❤ oh~ I've never tried the strawberry one- but I think the macha version goes really well with coffee milk drinks... or vanilla ice cream ^ω^... when mixed with milk only, it tastes a bit bland though >.<'

      Delete
  2. Here in Germany it's like autumn weather.. too cold! >_<
    Thank you for the review. Now I know what this package is. (^^)
    What a cute tea cup~

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. thanks for your lovely comment, リカchan❤ yes, German weather can be quite a nuisance >.<'... but if not too cold and rainy, I definitely prefer German summers... I'll never get used to those muggy Japanese ones T^T

      Delete
    2. Thanks for the reply. (^^)
      Mh yes that's also true.
      In August 2009 I was 2 weeks in Tokyo and after 4 days I got a really bad sickness with high fever because of the strong air conditioner everywhere. >_< I had to stay at the hotel room many days.. (~_~;)

      Now I always get sick if a small breeze of cold air conditioner is touching me. That's why I don't visit Japan in summer anymore. (^^) My favourite time for a visit is March/April or September/November! (=^ェ^=)

      Delete
    3. aww~ that's such a pity, that you were ill back then >.<* I can totally relate- I don't like those frosty aircons either. Japanese girls always bring several layers of thin cardigans, even if it seems too hot- I adopted that quickly ^ω^

      Delete
  3. I also like Macha its very delicious <3

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. thank you for stopping by❤ yay for macha-love ^0^/

      Delete
  4. hallo Puchi! <3
    Wie cool ist das denn? *o*
    ich hatte sowieso schon vor ganz viel Matcha zeug mit nach DE zu nehmen wenn ich in Japan bin. So als souvenir und so was.
    Aber ich musste feststellen das Viele in DE die Liebe für Matche nicht teilen ;____; ich finde das was du vorgestellt hast mega cool und hol mir das auch wenn ichin Japan bin ^o^

    Es gibt jetzt auch im Starbucks DE Matche frappu und auch als Matcha Latte. Aber der kommt eher weniger gut an habe ich das Gefühl. jedes mal wenn ich mir einen bestelle haben die keine Ahnung wie sie den zubereiten sollen ^^''

    Und danke für deinen süßen Kommentar <3
    Das mit dem laut über Privates reden kenn ich aber auch von meinen Klassenkameraden ^^'' Vllt fühlen sie sich dann cooler :D

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. サラcha~n❤ Matcha-Souvenirs sind eigentlich bis jetzt immer ganz gut angekommen- nur eine Tante und eine Freundin fanden den Geschmack eher gewöhnungsbedürftig T^T... aber ich finde es total supi, dass es endlich Matcha Drinks beim deutschen Starbucks gibt ^.^

      Delete
  5. Oh looks really delicous!
    I love it macha!
    *..*
    xx

    ReplyDelete
  6. Ooh! I really like macha! (*´∀`*)
    I drink macha latte every day at home ☆ミ

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. wha~ you drink it every day 0.0 Sarahちゃん loves macha for sureね ^-^

      Delete
  7. I love macha! *w*
    I love your blog, i'm your new follower.

    bai, Shiki

    http://beautifuljrockdevil.blogspot.hu/

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. hi~ thanks so much for your sweet comment and becoming a reader❤

      Delete
  8. I don't like taste of coffee so can't drink even latte, but but it still looks delicious <3 Macha is so Japanese taste <3 I love it how Japan has it everywhere in many shapes! ^^

    ReplyDelete
  9. I nominated you to Blogaward.
    I hope you can join.

    Bai, Shiki

    http://beautifuljrockdevil.blogspot.hu/2013/07/liebster-blogaward-2.html

    ReplyDelete
  10. That looks really good ^_^

    ReplyDelete
  11. i really love matcha so tasty ^^ hope the weather gets better!

    ReplyDelete