Monday, 25 February 2013

February peek

 Hello dears 

I don't like february- in Germany it's the coldest time of the year. No big fashion choices at minus 15 degrees celsius... 

Japan has a milder climate, but the houses are often poorly isolated, hence staying indoors or outdoors doesn't really make a difference and everybody gathers around tiny heaters and kotatsu tables (the frame of a kotatsu has an integrated electric heater and is covered by a heavy blanket). 
During my exchange year in Hiroshima, I experienced my first Japanese winter. It was snowing for the first time in a decade. We were not allowed to wear tights with our school uniform and everybody was freezingI keep remembering that, when I see Japanese girls sporting "bare legs-mini skirt-styles" in winter. 
Nya~ enough with the whining- february in Japan also has its pros, like yummy seasonal dishes or you can visit famous places, which are not as crowed as usual 
Here are some february pics:
Asakusa Sensoji 
no idea, why this ojichan is in the pic
yummy temaki sushi filling 
trip to Nikko, which is famous for its beautiful...

...shrines & temples
aw~ a kitty is the guardian spirit of this shrine
Nikko is quite a magical place~ I wonder, if Totoro lives here...
Bye dears and thanks for reading



16 comments:

  1. Wow! Nikko looks so amazing.
    I love Asakusa, and visit often. (*^ ^*) But I want to see more shrines and temples.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. hi アリちゃん-I like Asakusa too, it's such a cute "shitamachi". I'm sure you'll love Nikko❤

      Delete
  2. Such wonderful and very interesting photos!

    WTF? They are not allowed to use tights under the schooluniforms? That's heavy...>___<

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. thanks for commenting, Miya-chan❤ yep, our school had those strict rules, which is a common thing in Japan. some girls secretly wore their sweats under the uniform skirt on the way to school, though ^-^

      Delete
  3. Sehr schöne Bilder! ich wünschte es würde in deutschland oder zumindest in Europa auch solche Tempel geben : ( aber man kann ja nicht alles haben.
    Man durfte keine Strumpfhosen zur Schuluniform tragen? : o ...das kann ich mir gar nicht vorstellen, selbst wenn dort keine sibirischen Temperaturen wir hier herrschen, muss es doch ziemlich kalt gewesen sein.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. hey~ danke für's vorbei schauen❤ Ja, viele japanische High Schools haben noch recht strenge Regeln, vor allem was die Uniform betrifft. Es gibt aber auch Ausnahmen...
      Es war wirklich etwas frostig, sogar für mich als Deutsche >.<

      Delete
  4. I love the pictures! when I look at them I really miss Japan! It's just completly different compared to germany :/
    And yeah... the weather here is so bad, but you know it XD I'm tired of seeing snow at the end of febuary!!><


    I made a new Blog-post about my last Japan trip and a make up Tutorial!If you want/have time, please check it out and write a comment, I would be happy!:)
    http://lovely-gyaru-fashion.blogspot.de

    Have a nice day!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. hi Mie-chan, thank you for your lovely comment❤ Germany really is a "winter country"-but luckily, the houses are warm>.< I'll read your new blog post soon.

      Delete
  5. I've never been to Japan at winter, but around summer, i did. Im totally not a summer person (not a winter as well though)

    I was in Osaka, and i had to wear long sleeve shirts because it's more normal to wear in Japan. I was dying T.T hahaha toooo hot.

    I guess winter isn't all that great as well by seeing ur story :( I guess spring time is the best in every country<3 (for me though...)

    I like to read ur stories and see ur pics :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. nya~ long sleeves during Osaka summer must have been a struggle indeed >.< but being a pale dolly seems to outweigh a heat shock in Japan.
      thanks for your lovely comment❤

      Delete
  6. Du musst als Austausschülerin so viel erlebt haben *o* Ich bereue es total, dass ich nicht auf die Idee gekommen bin ein Schuljahr in Japan zu machen und jetzt ist es zu spät :(

    Deutschland ist wirklich kalt, ich hasse es jeden Tag zur Schule und nachhause, weil ich immer so lange stehen muss :D

    Tolle bilder <3 Ich hoffe ich schaffe es im Sommer nach Japan zu kommen ;_;

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. hi サラちゃん, danke für deinen lieben Kommentar❤ ich hab' den Schulweg im Winter auch immer gehasst *brrr*
      ich hoffe sehr, das dein Japan-Traum für diesen Sommer wahr wird. du wirst sehen, es klappt gaaanz bestimmt *>v<*

      Delete
  7. Ah~ Japan... wie sehr ich das Land vermisse TT.TT

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. hey, danke für deinen Kommi ^0^y hast du auch schon für länger in Japan gelebt?

      Delete
  8. hahaha the man in second pic is so funny xD

    visit my blog ^^
    www.luchluchcraft.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  9. Lovely pictures! <3 I really miss Japan!

    ReplyDelete